I get a lot of questions about my pre workout, running shoes, workout clothes etc. So I figured the best way to answer is to put together a list of my current workout necessities! These will probably change over and over again but I'm tried & true to all of these currently!
1. WM Nutrition Pre Workout- I have tried A LOT of pre workouts. I use to use C4, but it gave me a weird tingle that made my face itch the minute I would start to sweat! I then started using AdrenHERlyn by Black Market, it was made specifically for women & included a thermogenic (meaning it aided in making me sweat). I soon noticed I was retaining a lot of water in my mid-section. (My body was losing so much water from the thermogenic it was holding on to as much as it could!) Following extensive research I landed on WM nutrition & I am so glad I did! I order the combination pack with three different flavors! (you won't get burnt out on the taste!) Plus, they come individual so it makes it easy for travel and to the gym!
2. HydroFlask Water Bottle- I am a water bottle JUNKIE! I have them all, and at one point use them all. (now they are in a cabinet in the kitchen, anyone else?) However my HydroFlask goes EVERYWHERE with me! It's basically a "yeti" water bottle with a straw (like a camelbak!) I have to have a straw when I drink water! It keeps my water super cold & it's so easy to drink from!
3. Apple Watch- You've all heard me talk about how much I love my apple watch! I have slowly learned all of the capabilities it has when coming to workout! I love the notifications that pop up telling me about my fitness goals! (it helps keep my week in check to see the amount of time & calories I have burned during that time!)
4. Adidas Shoes- YES they are sparkly! I love adidas shoes solely (haha) based on the fact they have the most ankle support! I don't run in these because I have really high arches but they are perfect for any HIIT classes or group exercise classes you may take. Plus they're cute! I sized down a 1/2 size as adidas normally runs big!
5. Lulu Lemon Yoga Mat- I remembered when I got this mat for my birthday a couple of years back I was making myself go to yoga for relaxation and meditation and honestly just wanted it for the logo. Then i realized how amazing the mat truly was, after using other mats that are much thinner, sticky & break into pieces! These mats last FOREVER! They are super simple to clean! You literally give them a bath! Fill your tub with water, and lay it in there with some warm dish soap, wash it down, let it drip the water off and lay it flat to dry! I do this once a month or so, depending on how many classes I take (i use it for pilates too)! The mat is thick enough that my wrists never hurt even if I come back from not taking a class in awhile!
6. Adidas Tank- I have this tank in 5 colors. And no I'm not embarassed about it! It's the softest tank I own & is extremely flattering! Under the arms it doesn't droop (like most tanks) and it washes well! It does run big! I have a small & it fits perfect!
7. Calia Gym Bag- I just recently switched gym bags ( i had used the same one since my freshman year of college). Calia by Carrie Underwood is now sold at Dick's Sporting Goods and I grabbed this little number on sale! Its small enough to fit in a locker and folds in, but has enough space for my running shoes, pre workout, shaker bottle, water bottle, the whole container of pre workout and separate compartments for my headbands (keep reading) and headphones! + I love that it has two different sets of straps!
8. Beats 3 Headphones- I don't have to go too far in depth on this one! The only headphones that will stay in my ears in every type of workout & the Beats 3 stay charged for over a week ( I workout for at least an hour and a half 5 times a week!) They charge really quick too! So you can plug them in, in your car on the way to the gym if you forgot to charge them before and you'll be good to go for your workout! 9. Lulu Lemon Align Pant- The HOLY GRAIL of pants! I use to only wear them leisurely because they were so soft, and I recently started wearing them in workouts! They don't slip so they are all I wear now! Remember not to dry them so they won't pill! Perfect pant whether your favorite workout is yoga, running, circuit training, etc.
9. Lulu Lemon Align Pant- The HOLY GRAIL of pants. They are the softest material and they hug your legs, so no need to keep pulling them up! At first I wore them leisurely & didn't work out in them! I have been lately & it's hard for me to wear anything else!
10. Lulu Lemon Small Towel- I'm not gonna lie.. I sweat PERFUSELY. And I love every minute of it. I refuse to leave the gym unless I'm drenched (why else am I there) if I don't sweat! But... with eyelash extensions & extremely oily skin I am always wiping the sweat away! These towels are the softest, most absorbent towels I have found. They wash quick and smell fresh (a lot of the ones I used before held the sweat smell). Also... just a quick note, PLEASE do not use your gyms towels with the flu & other bacteria, it's hard to know what they are using to wash them!
11. Aasic's Running Shoes- I started running long distances and for large amounts of time last summer. I wore my nike free runs not thinking much about running shoes. Until I had extreme foot, knee, hip and lower back pain. I went to a running store where they run various tests to match you with the perfect running shoe! They aren't the prettiest things i've ever worn and they are an investment, but I haven't had pain once since I started wearing these! They fit TTS and make sure you have enough space for a thicker sock if you plan to run farther distances!
12. RX Bars- The best pick me up if you're needing something sweet ( but don't want the calories of a dessert) or a snack after leaving the gym! These actually taste GOOD and are healthy for you! They list the ingredients right on the bar & they stay fresh! (my favorite is the chocolate sea salt!)