The best time of the year is here! I think the most important thing to point out about the annual Nordstrom Sale is that it’s not like any other sale throughout the year. It’s not last seasons left overs marked down to clear space and make room for new styles. The sale is NEW styles, that are marked down for a short period of time and once the sale is over, the prices go back up for the rest of the year. It is the best time to grab the designer jeans you’ve been eyeing, grab a few fall/winter staples for less & if you’re like me stock up on beauty favorites we use throughout the year!
With that being said, I wanted to take a second to express that I am approaching this years sale with the intention of being mindful of what I do and do not have vs. what I do and do not need. You all know this is my year of intention & as much as I love when ya’ll use my links I also know you don’t need 15 different cardigans just because they are on sale!
I have separated my picks into categories, which I hope helps you pinpoint exactly what you are looking for. I have narrowed my selections down to items I believe are truly a good deal and can be used a lot! Enjoy!
If you are a Nordstrom card holder- you have the ability to shop earlier online & in-store on Friday July 12th! The sale opens to the public on July 19th and goes through August 4th! I highly, highly, highly suggest shopping online as it’s quicker and the stores will be a mad house! In the past there have not been many restocks, if any restocks at all- so if you have a specific list of things you are wanting, remember that shipping is free and returns are free too!
WHAT I’M BUYING
Barefoot Dreams Cardigan- Yes- I have all 3 styles from last NSale, however this style from last year had a hood & I wore it the most! So I am so glad they brought this back, sans the hood! (I’m getting in black because all of the others I have are gray/tan)- I buy a size Medium for an oversized fit!
Ugg Slippers- First off, you can’t beat $55. I LIVE in my slippers around the house, and recently I’ve been throwing them in my suitcase when we travel. I have wanted these for the past couple of years & this is the year! I get my regular size 9.
Platform Converse- One of my biggest regrets not purchasing from lasts years sale- but as they say “good things come to those who wait” because this years style has ROSE GOLD accents & I’m here for it! I wear my regular size 9 in these!
Winnie Sneaker- Ya’ll know I’m a sucker for anything with a white rubber bottom! I purchased the tan version of this shoe last sale & wore them to pieces, so i’m going with the black pair this season! LOVE the detailing around the ankle- Size 10 for me in these.
Barefoot Dreams Pillow- Do I even need to explain why? My favorite blankets/cardigans in a pillow? SIGN ME UP. Getting the gray and cream to match my blanket!
DK Deodorant Set- My everyday deodorant I stock up every year! You basically get one for free & I use them up just in time for the next sale!
Long Charcuterie Board- My current one is too short & this is a steal! Bring on the cheese boards!
Pajama’s- Putting these to the test to see how they compare to my Target jammies. Hoping these don’t pill after a few washes like the Target ones do, but for under $40, it’s worth the try! Getting the gorgeous mauve color in a size Medium.
Crop Leggings- I bought the full length of these last year & couldn’t believe how often I wore them! I wear a size medium in them!
Lace Cami- These sold out in 2.5 seconds last year & I have a feeling they will do the same this year! They are a bit on the shorter size, so my bustier girls size up or this may not be the best cami for you! I am grabbing the leopard print this year in the size medium!
Duster Cardigan- I. Love. Dusters. It could be that I’m almost 6 foot tall and most sweaters barely make it to my waist, but the duster trend makes me feel sleek & chic & gosh I just love them! & this one is under $50- SCORE. For sure getting the light gray- probs other colors! Size medium, to be able to layer!
T3 Micro Curling Iron- The cheapest I have ever seen this curling iron! I got mine around Christmas last year and it has been a total game changer for my hair! It has adjustable heat settings and leaves my hair silky & shiny! Straightener is linked here.
T3 Mirco Blow Dryer- I do not personally own this- but have the other two products and love them! A great price point if you are in the market for a hair dryer!
Silk Pillow Cases- I’ve talked about these before & they have been a savior for my skin and hair! Great deal for two, I switch in and out while the other is being washed!
Dry Bar Products- Every product I use in one pack! Their dry shampoo is 1 of the 2 dry shampoos I think actually work! Triple sec adds texture and volume to your styled hair! Hot Toddy is the best heat protectant & it includes their hairspray that smells fantastic! This is a steal.
Barefoot Dreams Blanket- I have 4 of them. Is that enough detail for you to see how much I like them haha. But really, They are the best blankets in the world and this is the ONE and ONLY time to catch them on sale- unless you wanna buy the throw. These are the full size ones & are the best purchase to make during the sale!
Button-Up Jeans- The only pair of denim from the sale I think are worth it! High-wasited & stretchy, I went down a size!
I should probably preface this post with a disclaimer: The title of it should really be called “My Summer Reading/ Listening List because 99% of everything I read these days are listened to on audio book through my Libby app.
If you aren’t familiar with Libby, I’ll go into more detail. It’s very similar to Audible (without the cost) and it’s an extension of the mid-continent library, so all you need is a library card, download the app & all of the books & audiobooks are at your fingertips! We all know I spend 80% of my life in my car. (not sure how completely accurate these statistics are but just roll with me). A LOT of time in my car, which use to annoy me quite frankly until I started listening to audiobooks as I traveled! You can only listen to the same Spotify playlist for long. So I began a list of books I wanted to “read” and placed them on hold through my Libby app.
I usually listen to 1-3 books a week (yes, thats how often I am driving) but also have it playing while I’m folding laundry, cooking dinner, etc. I realized I no loner binge watch Netflix series because I love listening to the books!
Whether you prefer to actually read a hard copy book, read a book on your tablet or listen to them like me, reading keeps you sharp, it gives you a topic of conversation at the dinner table & it’s relaxing. Today I’m sharing what I have read so far this summer & what I plan to read in the next coming months! Enjoy!
The “After” Series by Anna Todd: Think of a toned down 50 Shades of Gray ( younger characters) with real life occurrences, feelings, etc. It’s one of those you cannot put down & you read back to back because you have to know whats going to happen! This was also made into a movie that just came out! (finishing up the third one now before I see the movie!)
After We Collided
After We Fell
After Ever Happy
Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis: I have talked about this book briefly before but wanted to include it as I listened to it again before reading her next book which I’ll list. It’s a feel good, makes you think kind of book. I took a lot of great notes from this book.
Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis: The second book from her that I have read. This focused a lot on “mom guilt” but I quickly related it to my guilt for being busy a lot, missing out on family birthdays or bachelorette parties due to my career.
Body Love by Kelly Leveque: The most insightful, self help books but doesn’t feel like a self help book I have ever read! Puts food, and how we treat our bodies into major perspective. This book offers great recipes and smoothies I have put into my daily life!
The Year of Less by Cait Flanders: This book is by no means “new” however I think this will be a yearly read for me, as it’s important for all of us to take a step back and realize how many things we have that we truly do not “need”. This was a great one to read during my year of “intention” with buying less. Highly highly recommend.
You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero: Highly rated & for good reason. Not just for entrepreneurs but for those who have yet to uncover their ability to succeed & do what makes them feel liberated!
When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger- One of those feel good, by the 5th page you’re invested types of books. It’s an easy beach read you won’t want to put down. Besides how cute is the title!?
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: I know I know, this isn’t new and you’ve probably read it or have seen the movie. But, have you read it recently? This was a book club book that was selected & I find myself often times referencing it lately when I am being torn in numerous directions.
The Young Wives Club by Julie Pennell
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton
The Missing Years by Lexie Elliot
Next Level Basic by Stassi Schroeder
Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba: Female entrepreneur? This ones for you!
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office 101 by Lois P. Frankel, Ph. D.
Quite the range of books, huh? Everything from self help, to self reflection, to reality tv stars to romantic thrillers. I love to space them out, too much self help can make you go in circles and too many romantic thrillers can start to make you have unrealistic expectations. I like to keep a good balance between both!
I will continue to add to, leave commentary & edit as the summer progresses but I wanted to share these with you before the summer really kicked it into gear! Enjoy!
In 2019 I want to lose 10 pounds, not drink soda, budget my money and instead of watching Netflix before bed, read. Sound familiar? Maybe like every new years resolution from the past 5 years? Same.
It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged. Sure, you get to see the occasional outfit post, skincare update or new listing to hit the blog. But I haven’t sat down to just put my thoughts in one place, & in complete transparency this awkward time between Christmas & New Years has put me in quite a funk. I turn 25 in January. Wow, thats weird to think of let alone say out loud. A quarter of a century year old, why does 25 sound so significant? It has me thinking, what do I want 25 to look like? More workouts? Less carbs? Start stockpiling money away for retirement? All of those things are great in theory & if saying those things out loud or putting them on paper cause you to actually do them, tell me your secret!
The word ‘Intention’ has been repeating itself over and over again in my head. Being intentional. Doing things with intention. Not just doing things because you should, need to or feel like you have to, but doing them because you are intentionally doing so. It sounds simple… but it’s a lot harder then putting a few goals or resolutions on paper, throwing that paper in the kitchen junk drawer and finding it next year when you do your cleaning & realize you didn’t lose the weight, save the money or read as much as you had planned.
Instead of saying “in 2019 I’m going to lose 10 pounds”. I told myself that I will be intentional about working out 4-5 times a week, whether that is Orange Theory, a walk with the dogs or an in-home workout. Knowing that I need to be intentional about this, I will plan those workouts the Sunday before as if they are meetings or appointments during their day, so that I will intentionally complete them.
Instead of saying “in 2019 I will budget my money”. I told myself that I will be intentional about what I spend money on. Blogging makes it easy to purchase the $10 shirt from Target that I’ll end up wearing once and ends up in the Platos’s closet bag 6 months later. Needing new clothing to post content & to share with you is important, yet completely financially draining & overwhelming. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a good sale, and this isn’t to say I wont be checking the clearance racks of Target, but when you are out shopping & you find something you want, ask yourself two things. 1. “Do I have something similar?” 2.” Is this something I will wear for the next couple of years?” Bringing to perspective… Quality vs. Quantity. Do you need 5, $10 sweaters from target or do you need 1 great quality, unique, sweater that you will be able to wear with jeans, skirts, leggings, etc. I struggle with this, trust me, it’s much more difficult then you think, but I have put down so many $10 sweaters since I have began buying with “intention” I could have bought 3 $50 sweaters by now!
Instead of saying “in 2019 I will read more before bed instead of watching Netflix”. I told myself I will be more intentional about my time. With the short amount of time we get each day, I need to be intentional about using it the best I possibly can. Workouts, office time, time with family & time to myself (spent reading & goal setting, not binge watching the latest Netflix series. Knowing that I am using my time intentionally, and making the most of each minute will lead to obtaining what we use to call “resolutions”.
So why intention & not resolutions? To me & many people I know, resolutions are bench marks. Your resolution is to lose the 10 pounds, and you start off guns a blazing, going to the gym 5 days a week, eating clean and then you have a cheat meal, that turns into a cheat week and your workouts dwindle to 2 a week. And by now you feel as if you can’t start over until 2020. But, when you set your resolution to be intentional, in your daily life, with fitness, health, time, etc. You can quickly put yourself in check & the rest falls into place.
Where in your life is lacking intention? Your job? Your fitness routine? Your budgeting? Start small, intention isn’t something you will master right away but it makes a big difference when you consciously add it to your daily routine.
Wishing everyone a 2019 filled with laughs & memories, But most importantly, filled with Intention.
Lifestyle Photos by: Taylor Lowe Photography
Ya’ll know I love shopping small when at all possible, and even more so when I can shop local! I love learning the stories behind the “why” of other entrepreneurs & business owners. I often ask questions like, what made you want to start this particular business? What experiences have you used to shape your new business? How do you plan to make your business stand out among the thousands of other businesses similar to yours?
Not only do I love shopping small, but I love supporting fellow boss babes going after their dreams & making them a reality.
Meet Jordan. The owner & creator of J. Quinn Boutique, located right here in the heart of Kansas City! I’ve had the opportunity to get to know Jordan as I visited her store, (located in the upstairs of Nell Hills in the shops at Briarcliff!). With years of retail experience under her belt, Jordan had a vision of opening her own store with unique, curated collections pieced together solely by her!
The first thing I noticed about J.Quinn Boutique was it contained pieces I hadn’t seen across other main channel boutiques. They were unique, eye catching, & unfortunately for me, there wasn’t a single item in there I wouldn’t wear. (my poor checking account). I can only imagine how tough it is to be an owner of a boutique, constantly staying ahead of the trends, & purchasing pieces far in advance, praying that trend really lives up to what’s expected. Jordan nailed it.
Let’s talk quality. J.Quinn carries names you’ll know & love & introduce you to brands you’ll want to own more of. I’m a firm believer in “you get what you pay for” & that couldn’t be more true in this case. It’s not the clothing you only wear once & ends up in the “donate bag”. It’s pieces you know will carry you through the season from one outfit to the next. I guess you could say I have no shame in outfit repeating my J.Quinn finds!
Did I mention J.Quinn also carries jewelry & shoes. YOU GUYS. The shoes. If you’ve followed me for very long you know I LOVE a good pair of Steve Madden sneakers or Dolce Vita mules, J.Quinn has styles I haven’t seen in other stores! Check out my favorite pair available now.
So, you’ve probably already googled her & the boutique by now, am I right? Before I share some exciting news with ya’ll, I want to mention one last thing! Our world is going digital. It’s inevitable, convenient, yet so impersonal. If you’re a “I like to feel it, touch it, try it on” kinda gal like me, you’ll appreciate what I’m about to tell you. You can easily shop the latest J.Quinn styles from your computer, I’ll link her website again here, but KC girls, I definitely encourage you to head over to Briarcliff, meet Jordan, try-on & buy every piece in there (because you’re going to want to) & be sure to mention this post, or any of my future J.Quinn posts to receive an exclusive Little Blonde House discount for 20% off your entire purchase!
Not from Kansas City? No worries, visit https://shopjquinnboutique.com/ & use the code MADISON20 at checkout.
The Little Blonde House is SO excited to partner with J.Quinn Boutique to promote & inspire women just like you & I to turn their dreams into a reality, all while dressing like the boss lady you are!
One final note…remember, you’ll never hear me talk about brands, items, or purchases I don’t like. & you know if I’ve taken the time to share my experiences, opinions & finds with you, it must be the real deal. Don’t want to miss any of J.Quinn Boutiques new arrivals? Follow her Instagram & Facebook accounts for new releases & fun giveaways! I’m gonna leave a few important details below + Be sure to share the pieces you get from J.Quinn by DM’ing me on Instagram!
J.Quinn Boutique Location: 4101 N Mulberry Dr, Kansas City, MO 64116 (upstairs of Nell Hill’s)
I can’t wait to share with you this EASY, delicious meal that got the stamp of approval from the boyfriend, & a co-worker so you know it must be good! The best part about this meal is it only uses ONE pan. Yes, one. If you cook a lot, you get how exciting this is because there is nothing worse then cooking a big meal, stuffing yourself into a food coma and then having to do the dishes afterwards. This is a quick easy meal that tastes just as good the next day!
1 tblspoon of Olive Oil
Small onion (chopped)
2 cups of ham (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (I use already chopped)
1 package of cheese tortellini ( I love Aldi’s, I prefer fresh not frozen)
1 3/4 cup of chicken broth
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
Let’s Make It:
Put the tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add your chopped onion & let it cook until it softens.
Add the 2 cups of diced ham & garlic.
As the ham begins to brown, add the package of tortellini ( I like Aldi’s fresh 3 cheese tortellini)
Add the 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth, stir contents of the pan until mixed.
Add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream & mix well.
Add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella, mix until melted.
Add the 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan, mix until melted.
Once the cheese is completely melted add the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella to the top.
At this point you can either use the broiler (I have never successfully used this, I almost burn the house down anytime I use it.) OR
You can turn the heat to LOW, cover the pan & let the top mozzarella melt!
WOW! I had no idea how many of you are on the hunt for simple meals to cook in the evening! I thoroughly enjoy cooking at home (when time allows) & I'm not a huge leftover girl so I am always running out of recipes to make! this recipe instantly joined my top 5 to make because it's simple, tastes amazing & even better... I enjoy the left overs it leaves! Please remember I don't measure much of anything so I am going to guesstimate as I go! I like mine in between mild & burn your tongue off hot so thats how I will write this & then adjust your buffalo sauce, ranch & cream cheese according to how you prefer it!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (trim fat)
- Franks Hot Sauce- Buffalo
- 1 block of cream cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Ranch Dressing Packet
- Head of Lettuce
- Soft Tortillas (optional)
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Trim the fat from the chicken breasts. Cut chicken breasts into bite size chunks.
Fill a gallon Ziploc bag with the Ranch Dressing Mix packet & garlic salt (to taste). Put chicken into gallon size bag & shake! (be sure to close the bag first) You can either put the chicken straight into the pan or let it sit in the fridge to marinate for extra flavor if preparing ahead of time!
Go ahead and chop the head of lettuce before cooking your chicken. Bring a skillet with non-stick spray to medium heat & add the chicken.
When the chicken begins to brown add 1/2 cup or so of the buffalo sauce to the pan. Coat the chicken evenly and add ranch dressing (the more dressing the less spicy your chicken will be!)
After the chicken is coated in the buffalo sauce & ranch dressing, cut the block of cream cheese into squares and scatter throughout the skillet.
The sauce will start to thicken & at this point I put the lid on the skillet (optional) and turn the heat down to low. This causes the sauce to thicken a lot & makes it less runny! Your chicken is now ready to be put in the wrap! We normally just use flour tortillas but I have also used lettuce as the wrap to make it lower carb! Layer the tortilla with the chicken, lettuce & extra ranch dressing (optional) & ta-da! Super simple, and super yummy!
Even Duke approves! I would love to hear if you try this recipe out and what you think! One of my followers reached out and suggested using greek yogurt instead of cream cheese for an even healthier option, I can't wait to try that!
What You Need to Know About the Sale
The Nordstrom Sale is a once year opportunity to shop NEW fall looks right when they arrive at a discounted price. Yes, NEW. Not styles that have been sitting on the rack and get marked down, brand new, just released styles you HAVE to have for the summer to fall transition!
This is when I take the opportunity to purge my closet & make room for new styles & pieces I will wear for the next year! It's the best time to stock up on basics, jeans, sweaters, cardigans & shoes!
For Nordstrom card members the sale starts July 12th and opens to the public on July 20th and ends on August 5th! I recommend shopping the sale online because the store is extremely overwhelming during this time! I will make a few stops in throughout the sale to do some try-on's but I just made my big order & will be sharing those pics with you below!
I cannot stress enough to ya'll that the best items sell out sooo quickly! A lot of those items are linked below so that you can grab them immediately! If you don't know what size you are, order both! Nordstrom has free shipping & free returns with NO guilt! If I think I'm between two sizes i order both, try them on and send back what doesn't work! (It's better than risking the fact it may sell out before you can order the right size!)
YOU GUYS. The most amazing thing is happening on Wednesday & I wanted to be the first to share it with you! As many of you know I used to assist with events for Kendra Scott. The company is so incredibly giving & I loved having the opportunity to connect with local non-for-profits to give back & shop the most beautiful jewelry at affordable prices! Near the time I left Kendra to explore my passion in real estate, she launched the most amazing home line, of boxes, trays & frames! These incorporated Kendra Scott original stones & metals to tie in with all of the jewelry! There had been talk of one day launching a candle collection (and ya'll know my obsession with candles is ALL too real). WELL IT'S HERE!!!! And of course, coming as no surprise, the collection is nothing short of beautiful, delicate & amazingly fragrant!Read More
I get a lot of questions about my pre workout, running shoes, workout clothes etc. So I figured the best way to answer is to put together a list of my current workout necessities! These will probably change over and over again but I'm tried & true to all of these currently!
1. WM Nutrition Pre Workout- I have tried A LOT of pre workouts. I use to use C4, but it gave me a weird tingle that made my face itch the minute I would start to sweat! I then started using AdrenHERlyn by Black Market, it was made specifically for women & included a thermogenic (meaning it aided in making me sweat). I soon noticed I was retaining a lot of water in my mid-section. (My body was losing so much water from the thermogenic it was holding on to as much as it could!) Following extensive research I landed on WM nutrition & I am so glad I did! I order the combination pack with three different flavors! (you won't get burnt out on the taste!) Plus, they come individual so it makes it easy for travel and to the gym!
2. HydroFlask Water Bottle- I am a water bottle JUNKIE! I have them all, and at one point use them all. (now they are in a cabinet in the kitchen, anyone else?) However my HydroFlask goes EVERYWHERE with me! It's basically a "yeti" water bottle with a straw (like a camelbak!) I have to have a straw when I drink water! It keeps my water super cold & it's so easy to drink from!
3. Apple Watch- You've all heard me talk about how much I love my apple watch! I have slowly learned all of the capabilities it has when coming to workout! I love the notifications that pop up telling me about my fitness goals! (it helps keep my week in check to see the amount of time & calories I have burned during that time!)
4. Adidas Shoes- YES they are sparkly! I love adidas shoes solely (haha) based on the fact they have the most ankle support! I don't run in these because I have really high arches but they are perfect for any HIIT classes or group exercise classes you may take. Plus they're cute! I sized down a 1/2 size as adidas normally runs big!
5. Lulu Lemon Yoga Mat- I remembered when I got this mat for my birthday a couple of years back I was making myself go to yoga for relaxation and meditation and honestly just wanted it for the logo. Then i realized how amazing the mat truly was, after using other mats that are much thinner, sticky & break into pieces! These mats last FOREVER! They are super simple to clean! You literally give them a bath! Fill your tub with water, and lay it in there with some warm dish soap, wash it down, let it drip the water off and lay it flat to dry! I do this once a month or so, depending on how many classes I take (i use it for pilates too)! The mat is thick enough that my wrists never hurt even if I come back from not taking a class in awhile!
6. Adidas Tank- I have this tank in 5 colors. And no I'm not embarassed about it! It's the softest tank I own & is extremely flattering! Under the arms it doesn't droop (like most tanks) and it washes well! It does run big! I have a small & it fits perfect!
7. Calia Gym Bag- I just recently switched gym bags ( i had used the same one since my freshman year of college). Calia by Carrie Underwood is now sold at Dick's Sporting Goods and I grabbed this little number on sale! Its small enough to fit in a locker and folds in, but has enough space for my running shoes, pre workout, shaker bottle, water bottle, the whole container of pre workout and separate compartments for my headbands (keep reading) and headphones! + I love that it has two different sets of straps!
8. Beats 3 Headphones- I don't have to go too far in depth on this one! The only headphones that will stay in my ears in every type of workout & the Beats 3 stay charged for over a week ( I workout for at least an hour and a half 5 times a week!) They charge really quick too! So you can plug them in, in your car on the way to the gym if you forgot to charge them before and you'll be good to go for your workout! 9. Lulu Lemon Align Pant- The HOLY GRAIL of pants! I use to only wear them leisurely because they were so soft, and I recently started wearing them in workouts! They don't slip so they are all I wear now! Remember not to dry them so they won't pill! Perfect pant whether your favorite workout is yoga, running, circuit training, etc.
9. Lulu Lemon Align Pant- The HOLY GRAIL of pants. They are the softest material and they hug your legs, so no need to keep pulling them up! At first I wore them leisurely & didn't work out in them! I have been lately & it's hard for me to wear anything else!
10. Lulu Lemon Small Towel- I'm not gonna lie.. I sweat PERFUSELY. And I love every minute of it. I refuse to leave the gym unless I'm drenched (why else am I there) if I don't sweat! But... with eyelash extensions & extremely oily skin I am always wiping the sweat away! These towels are the softest, most absorbent towels I have found. They wash quick and smell fresh (a lot of the ones I used before held the sweat smell). Also... just a quick note, PLEASE do not use your gyms towels with the flu & other bacteria, it's hard to know what they are using to wash them!
11. Aasic's Running Shoes- I started running long distances and for large amounts of time last summer. I wore my nike free runs not thinking much about running shoes. Until I had extreme foot, knee, hip and lower back pain. I went to a running store where they run various tests to match you with the perfect running shoe! They aren't the prettiest things i've ever worn and they are an investment, but I haven't had pain once since I started wearing these! They fit TTS and make sure you have enough space for a thicker sock if you plan to run farther distances!
12. RX Bars- The best pick me up if you're needing something sweet ( but don't want the calories of a dessert) or a snack after leaving the gym! These actually taste GOOD and are healthy for you! They list the ingredients right on the bar & they stay fresh! (my favorite is the chocolate sea salt!)
Whether you're looking for the cutest Galentines gift, happies to add to your wish list or you are struggling finding something to get her for this coming Valentines Day, this little guide will point you in the right direction!
1. Vince Camuto Fiori Perfume- OH MY GOSH. Dane gave this to me as a little birthday gift while we were house shopping a few weeks ago. I am SO picky when it comes to perfumes, I normally like a woodsy, subtle smell! (I'm usually a Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb girl) but this is my new favorite & it won't break the bank! (+ i love the bottle)
2. Barefoot Dreams Cheetah Throw- Definitely on my wish list! I love the color combo & Barefoot Dreams is the abolsute softest brand! I have a few of their blankets & pj's!
3. Tory Burch Studs- You can never go wrong with gold studs! They are the perfect size & are the perfect go-to earring for work or play! (+ they're under $80!)
4. Jord Watch- My absolute favorite watch company for men makes the most beautiful watches for women as well! I LOVE personalized gifts! Jord allows you to personalize both the watch and the watch box! Each wooden watch is individually designed with the most meticulous detail!
5. Tory Burch Cheetah Miller Sandal- the absolute BEST sandal for the Spring & Summer! I wear my tan & black ones on repeat constantly!! How cute would these be for a little pop of print!
6. Tory Burch Leather Crossbody- The prettiest shade of pink for the prefect size crossbody! This bag fits all of your necessities for a day of shopping or night out!
7. diptyque Roses Scented Candle- Ya'll knew there would be a candle in here at some point! This one is a little bit of a splurge but totally worth it! & she can save the holder after it's finished burning for the cutest makeup brush/ pen holder!
8. Sugarfina Champagne Bears - Give me ALL the champagne bears, actually give me all the Sugarfina! If you haven't tried these you must! Each one has a teeny little bit of Dom Perignon in them! (quick story: I brought a box home from Dallas this summer & I was snacking on them as I unpacked! I left the box on a shelf in my closet, left the room & came back to an empty box... and a very guilty Duke dog laying across the room. I jokingly texted Dane and told him our dog may be drunk on Dom... but I was really just sad they were gone!)
9. Inspire KC Handmade White & Pink Striped Earrings- My ultimate favorite jewelry company has done it again! How cute are these pink & white earrings? I have them & love them! The perfect Valentines Day treat! & they're under $10!
10. Kate Spade Rose Gold Initial Pendant- The sweetest little pendant & its under $60!! This necklace is the perfect "everyday, I never take it off" pendant for a galentine or valentine!
Let's cut to the chase, the longer you've been in a relationship, the harder it is to come up with personalized gifts for him... or her. You've retired all the "first gift" ideas & you're stumped. Same here. This close to Christmas, I'm fresh out of ideas, but I want to do something special. Something he's least expecting, something personal. Any ideas? I've got one. Let's start from the beginning...
5 years. That may sound like an eternity to some, and a blink of an eye to others. I met Dane my freshman year of college, we were both 19 and our biggest worry was which station at the union we were going to eat from that night. When I started college, a serious relationship wasn't on my radar, and later I learned, it wasn't on his either. I knew he was from the rival town about 30 minutes away from where I grew up & he seemed WAY more outgoing than I was. He was cute, and we'd say hi in passing, but I was busy with school, my sorority & adjusting to college life.Read More
With the holiday season quickly approaching, I figured what better time to answer the fitness & nutrition questions I’ve been receiving on the blog! I’ve always had a fairly active lifestyle, and I’ve always (& will always) love food. Especially good homemade food, that probably has too much butter, fat and carbs. However there’s a balance. This article isn’t going to tell you to do 2 hours of a cardio a day, or to eat 6 small meals a day, cause I definitely don’t do either one of those. So I found a balance, a good combination of eating healthy (but not depriving myself of what I like) & weekly all over body workouts, to keep the “jiggle” toned in all the right places!
I’ve included what a typical week looks like for me! Now this may vary week to week & if I don’t make it on a Wednesday I make up for it on a Saturday! But try & allow yourself two days of rest, to let your body recoup. You’ll notice each workout incorporates your entire body, not just upper body, not just legs, etc. In no way, shape or form am I super educated on personal training, body building, etc. But I listen to my body, and know that if I work one body part to fatigue, the next morning I won't get up and go to the gym because I am too sore. So once again, I found the balance. Each exercise is paired with another (superset) and will keep your heart rate in fat burning mode! You're in the gym to sweat & burn fat, not chat & take breaks!
Recently I have been catching myself thinking, there is not enough time in the day to accomplish everything I need to do. My to-do lists often carry over into the next day, then the next, and eventually get lost in the bottom of my purse, never to be found again. Between starting my own real estate business, pouring my heart and dedication into the blog, working with clients (whom I absolutely adore), and oh yeah, still trying to maintain somewhat of a personal life, I feel like a chicken with my head cut off (and probably look the part too). Yet each night I climb into bed (way too late), & the 50 things I didn’t accomplish are running through my head. I then wake up and do it all over again.
A work-life balance, what a fantastic idea, in theory. But I didn’t want it to be just a theory, I wanted to master this idea of owning a successful business, while living each day to its upmost potential. So, I’ve put together a few tips & tricks I have begun using in my daily life, in order to achieve this balance. On a side note, the only babies/ children we have is our fur-baby silver lab, Duke, who is the size of a small child & needs bathed as often as most children, however I am in no way an expert in this area. Mom’s (or dad's) I do hope these tips can be used in your daily life as well & would love to hear your ideas and thoughts on this subject!Read More